Multi Craft Maintenance Technician
This job posting is no longer active.
DescriptionGeorgia-Pacific facility in Spartanburg, SC is looking for a motivated, maintenance professional to join our team as a Multi-craft Maintenance Technician. In this position, you will be utilizing your knowledge and skills around electrical and mechanical maintenance while building a fulfilling career in the packaging industry. If you enjoy hands-on work where you can make a direct impact to your company and community, this may be the opportunity for you! Starting pay for this role is $35.00 per hour depending on knowledge and skills but could increase at a later date.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Troubleshoot, maintain and repair machinery and mechanical equipment including motors, controls, PLC’s, drive systems, hydraulic/pneumatic components and power transmission systems.
- Utilize diagrams, schematics, sketches, operation manuals and manufacturer’s specifications in order to maintain and properly fix machinery issues.
- Lubricate equipment as needed and identify and communicate opportunities to improve the lube program through improved techniques, technology and knowledge sharing.
- Willing and able to work any shift, holidays, weekends and overtime as needed.
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing, and/or pulling for at least twelve (12) hours a day on a rotating schedule.
- Willing and able to work in elevated spaces.
The Experience You Will Bring
- High school diploma or GED.
Three (3) years or more of industrial electrical and mechanical maintenance experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment OR an Associate Degree or Industrial Maintenance Certification in an industrial maintenance related field and ideally at least one (1) year of industrial electrical and mechanical maintenance experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment.
- Experience working with 3-phase 480-volt AC motors and DC drives.
- Experience troubleshooting issues with bearings, chains, sprockets, gearboxes and conveyors.
- Experience reading blueprints, technical drawings and/or electrical schematics.
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing hydraulics and pneumatics.
- Experience with electrical troubleshooting on industrial equipment.
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, and Outlook.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience working in the corrugated packaging or the containerboard industry.
- Experience troubleshooting boiler operations.
- Experience with waste water treatment.
- Experience with proper lubrication techniques and oil analysis procedures.
- Experience with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS).
- Experience with industrial air compressors.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
This job posting is no longer active.